Re: Bloom's Taxonomy- Ellen

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 19:42:39 PDT

Arthur Efland was my professor at OSU. He was an eccentric man who had great knowledge and the content of the class (history of art ed) was interesting enough in itself, but the class was a snore at times. lol. I really liked him as a person and once at the OSU NAEA party in the hotel I drank a few with him and Ralph Smith as they theorized over something. I think I even have a picture somewhere around here.

dawn stien <dawnstien@yahoo.com> wrote:
Ellen -

I ordered both of Eisner's and Efland's Cognition
Books and haven't had time to read them yet, but when
I do, I'd love to share thoughts.

I did some pretty extensive reading on Gardner and
David Lazear's ideas last year. Have you read any of
Gardner's books?

If you send me your snail mail address, I'll send you
the handouts I shared for a class presentation.

Dawn
dawnstien@yahoo.com

--- Ellen Silverman wrote:

> I have also read, "Art and Cognition,
> Integrating the Visual Arts in > the Curriculum," By
Arthur D. Efland, ISBN > 0-8077-4218-X. it is >
available through NAEA. This book covered all the
> various educational > theories and how they have
effect on art education. > There was a