Re: Rule number one on "How to be a good teacher"

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 13:02:38 PDT

Michelle, well said. I always stop and think of how I would want my own
children's teachers to speak to them, cause those students are all
somebody's kid.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

<snip>My personal, unwritten rule has always been, students are human also.
They have emotions and feelings just like we do. Which is why , before I
erupt at a student, I take a moment to calm down and ask myself, now, how
would I feel if this was said to me? And I normally find a better way to fix
the situation.
Too many times teachers open up their mouths and say hurtful things to a
child in the heat of the moment.

---