Re: Rule number one on "How to be a good teacher"

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 12:04:11 PDT

Judy Decker wrote:

> Now....What is everyone's number one rule on their list of rules?

My top rule for myself was, "The kids come first." Whatever had the
most direct impact on the students was what got done first, whether it
was something mundane like cutting paper to size or something bigger
like matting artwork. Administrivia could wait; it always got
done--eventually--but if it didn't affect the kids directly, it had to
wait.

Maggie

---