Rule number one on "How to be a good teacher"

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 07:24:12 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

It was never the kid behavior that bothered me....It is adult behavior
(smile).

This was my number one rule:

"Never expect a child to do something you can not do yourself"

Now....What is everyone's number one rule on their list of rules?

"Follow directions the first time they are given"

This was always a rule for me.....but one I rarely enforced (and if I did,
it was with a smile and a wink).....I will explain more later....but I am
off to Ann Arbor right now and am looking forward to seeing LOTS of great
art and talking to the artists.....and hopefully getting some web addresses
to share.

Have a "Thankful Thursday" - hey, I haven't written that in a while (smile
Getty folks).

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department