RE: other table artists

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 07:03:27 PDT

Woody - I love your site. Thank you for sharing.

The table artist idea is something I've been using for years. Since I have so little time with the kids (1 hr a week), it's a great way to teach a little art history and have the kids acquainted with some high-recognition artists. Then, when a class is discussing an element, principle, art technique, etc, the table artists are used as touch stones for comparison. For example, when Landscapes come up, I might ask the class how Chagall handled them, compared to another table artist for that year- I'd have some realistic artist's work - say, Monet (shootin' for those Blooms levels). Posters of each table's artist are hanging in the room - those, also stay up all year.

Jan