Re: Magnetic paint and Chalk Board Paint

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 14:10:26 PDT

My chalkboard was green and hard to write on from years of abuse so I
painted mine last summer. It was kind of messy - I should have covered my
floor first, but I bought the paint at Wal-Mart and 2 cans cost me under
$10. It held up fine for the year, but doesn't hold up to students putting
tape on it. :-(
~Michal

> Are you getting the chalk board paint from Sax, also? I was wondering
> were you can find it, years ago I was looking for it in my local
> Homedepo and was told they did not carry it because the state (NJ) had
> banded as a environmental hazard. The guy I was talking to may not have
> known what he was talking about, maybe it was the expense. But, I have
> some areas that I would like to make a "blackboard" if it is not a
> hazard. I was also wondering if you paint blackboard paint on metal
> with it still be magnetic? So I guess this email counts as a unverified
> negative experience, with a lot of interest in your results.

---