I will be art coordinating the 3rd Annual Fuego y Alma (Fire and Soul) Festival set for Sept. 27th i

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 13:28:03 PDT

I will be art coordinating the 3rd Annual Fuego y Alma (Fire and Soul)
Festival set for Sept. 27th in Denton, Texas. We will be having an
Collegiate Art Competition for high school seniors and art students in
a university/college. The theme is Fire and Soul and the competition
will be judged by Maria Teresa Garcia Pedroche, renowned arttist,
educator, and curator. Garcia Pedroche is Head of Family Programs and
Community Outreach for the Dallas Museum of Art. There will be a 1,000,
500, and 250 scholarship awared to the top three entries. The
Collegiate Art Competition is open to all Texas high schools and
universities/ colleges.

The director is now wanting to have a professional art competition for
surrounding artists. It is short notice for me to compile something so
quickly, yet local radio stations' broadcasts should bring in the
artistsl. Has anyone ever done preparation for a professional art
competition? I don't know what is a legitimate entry fee or what kind
of registration form to use for this competition. I would appreciate
any advice and shared documents?

Any of you texas artists will be able to participate! Go to
www.fuegoyalma.org to obtain more info. The professional
competition info will not be posted until I get things organized. The
collegiate information will be updated by next week.

Thank You!

Ricardo Ramirez

---