Art Book Recommendations -- and help for Mac Users

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 11:42:07 PDT

Folks on my survey wanted to see a page of recommended art books.... So I
asked the "expert" on those most requested art books.

Here is what I got from Judy Nagel:

Here are some top sellers for Sax that I can recommend from the
2003 catalog:
572 479 Art Teachers Book of Lists page 541
572 058 Art History and Appreciation page 523
570 078 Hooked on Drawing page 555
572 285 American Art Appreciation Activity Kit page 527
570 226 Elements of Pop Up page 571
572 715 Multicultural Art Activity Kit page 518
572 852 The Art Book Student Edition page 523
570 265 Drawing Animals page 559
572 051 History of Art page 523
572 701 Culture Smart page 549
572 383 Multicultural Studio Art Projects page 520

These are for various age levels...More details on each book to come. Add
titles of any other Must Have art books. The Wong one is frequently
mentioned - but I never did get the title.
Linda Woods has a favorite too that I will look up and share with you later.
Just wanted to get this list out to as soon as possible. Those "Must have"
art books will be featured when I do Art Stores on Great Sites.

NOW...here is help for MAC users who are having trouble opening IAD links
and files - from Bunki Kramer:

>>Just wanted you to know that I have an IMac and also Microsoft Office
and I've been able to open EVERYTHING...all files and links...with this
software. If someone can't open your files, I'd suggest you tell them to get
this software. It's not that expensive.

OH, putting my files on the site is easy, Bunki ( I guess my message wasn't
clear)....it was opening the folder that was hard...and "digging" through to
find the good stuff that was hard. Remember I am no longer teaching and
teaching art was my goal in life..... I even got my masters degree to teach
art. No one else needs to know the whole story. I have shared enough with my
friends. I might share a "story" from time to time -- but only when you have
time to read.

Finally - I made it! My last planned post for today....Now on to housework -
what joy (ha-ha).

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department