Calligraphy - lettering art site - exhibit opportunity

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 08:22:54 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I heard from Cecilia Sharpley from Australia again....and it is always a
pleasure to hear from someone who uses Incredible Art Department. She wants
to remind you of the opportunity to share your students' art on her site:
www.cecilia-letteringart.com Email Cecilia directly if you need help
cecilia@melbpc.org.au . You will find a link to her site on my Chinese Art
page - under calligraphy. I will be adding a link to the Children's Gallery
page on Incredible Art Department soon.

From Cecilia:

I would like to bring to your attention my non-commercial website

www.cecilia-letteringart.com

This website has been established since the middle of 1999 and carries many
galleries related to the lettering and book arts.

One of the most visited sections of the site is the Children's Playground of
Lettering. This is NOT a calligraphic lettering gallery but a collection of
artwork from children of all ages where they have used letterforms as a
basis for their creations.

This site was listed as Education Site of the Week in 2001 here in Australia
and I think would be of interest to many of your students.

I would love to have more images to add to the Children's Playground of
Lettering and I do not need to receive original artwork. Either digital
files or photocopies for me to scan are quite acceptable.

No artist who's work appears on the website is allowed to make any financial
or other contribution whatsoever. In this way I am free to control the
direction and quality of the site

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department