Art Print Link worth Checking

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 05:23:14 PDT

Linda Woods sent me this link:
Art Print Collection:
http://www.artprintcollection.com/index.php

Here is what Linda has to say:
This is a good print site because it has a cover page where the thumbnail
(huge list)of artists can also be found for broad categories such as
abstract, animals, architecture and interiors, Asian, dance, floral, food,
landscapes, music, nautical, people, photography, still life, vintage ad
posters. I'm putting the shortcut on my desktop. I just did a search for
Miro here and ended up with tons.

Christa-Marie was looking for food images -- I did some browsing - This
Reclining Salad caught my eye:
http://www.artprintcollection.com/detailPage.php?printID=13109

From now on - when someone sends a link - I will also post on what page you
find the link. This one will be on Art Store in the near future:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artstore.html
As always, if you are looking for a link and can't find it -- just ask.
This will also be featured on Great Sites when I do places to buy art and
art supplies. I am thinking September for that.

Some people have had trouble finding the old "Art Stuff" on IAD - Access
those links through Art Departments button.

I look at every link you send.....I am so glad that you understand why they
can't all be featured on Great Sites. All links you send to me do end up on
the site (I do value your time). I usually wait until I have a bunch to do -
so I can send the updates to the web all at once.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
http://www.incredibleart.tk

P.S. This is for folks who don't like seeing links posted (I know you are
out there)-- just "bite your tongue" -- there are many, many list members
who have asked me to keep posting them. Please - do not take the time to
email me and tell me that you do not have time to download my
email....Rather - get Mailwasher - http://www.mailwasher.net/ - works
wonders for me! I have listened to your complaints - You notice, I no longer
post when I have added links to the site/sites (I added all links that have
been posted to Getty)....I just hope folks out there can find them. I am now
going to hold off on my posts about Incredible Art Department and post in
one big email - for example - I will wait until I have a lot of lessons
linked up - then I will post all at once. I will try to just post "Art
News" once a month. I hope this will help with your problems. I will
however, continue to post the files I receive from you folks as quickly as I
can for sharing. I want to keep this fun for all of us. I will keep trying
to improve - I am doing this for Art Education - and it brings me great
satisfaction.
Here is a story....Our tech guy used to find neat sites and send them to all
the staff in our building.....the staff looked at his email as an annoyance
("I don't have time to look at these sites" type of thing....of course they
wondered how he had so much time on his hands to find them...He did it on
HIS OWN TIME at home in the evening). He gave up and just posted a long list
of educational sites on his door. Of course, I looked at it to make sure I
had all of the Art Ed sites on my site (and I did). He no longer shared the
great stuff he found. I told him I missed his emails but I was only one
person......From time to time I might post a story so you understand why I
react the way I do....Some of you will remember that I came from a school
that nominated me for Employee of the Month as a joke (I accepted the
award - but didn't tell anyone at school about it).....My principal
congratulated me by telling my husband that "all of her late hours at school
finally paid off"....My "real world" was pretty strange.... Enough story
time for today (smile). Just know that NOTHING I do on this list is intended
to offend or annoy. I will promise not to take complaints so personally from
now on. (Now I have a message I can copy and paste for my reply for this
topic - so I don't have to retype all the time -- LOL at me - I sent many my
Copy and Paste reply about Getty down time).

---