Sending Attachments to the list.

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 19:34:55 PDT

Dear Getty ArtsEdNetters,

I heard back from Nick Brod (from Getty).....

>>>You can send attachments. They should generally be kept down to 1MB to
not slow things down too much or upset the server.

Attachments do show up in the digest as a bunch of gobbly-gook code. I know
because I was a digest user myself. Posts made in html also show up as
gobbly-gook. I am so glad I switched to getting the messages as they are
posted as now I am able to read everyone's messages.

So for digest users - I will save all files sent and repost the link to the
file. All files will be shared with everyone. All files will not remain
permanently on the site. After a time, some of the older files will be
removed to conserve server space.

Thanks Dawn for bringing this topic back up again. I had been meaning to ask
Getty for quite some time about it. Digest users - if attachments are a big
problem for you - then we will make an effort to stop them again. So many
list members have missed this aspect of the list, though. It is quite time
consuming to offer to send a file via attachment.....and some requests come
in days later after the message has already been sent.....So maybe a little
bit a scrolling past an attachment now and then isn't a bad thing for
you....Just smile at all the time you are saving another list member. Maybe
if we limit the number of attachments it won't be such a problem? It you see
someone else has sent an attachment to the list one day - then hold off and
send yours the next? Save the digest users a little bit of scrolling.

You can always do as Dawn and Ken did and send the files to me directly. I
won't always be able to get them out the same day - but it will always be as
soon as I can. I will be taking a couple of days off this week....and a
couple of days off next week.

For those who will ask....The final decision on ArtsEdNet Talk will be made
in August -- keep your fingers crossed. I am certain we will be notified.
Our letters were appreciated and used in Nick's report.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/