More great lessons from Ken Schwab (3 added)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 10:46:09 PDT

Middle school and high school teachers might want to take a look....

Ken was looking in his files and came up with a few handouts of some
projects he didn't do this year that you folks might find interesting.

One is a Montage design with the use of words and images. This was done
with Art 4 and was very open to media and such but he tried to use many
examples (not shown in the text) of illustrators and their work.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/kenmontage.htm

Another is Cut up painting that he did in A.P. Studio for a color and design
problem in section 3 Depth. This is using an abstract painting in Acrylic
and then cutting it up and re assembling it and over lapping the pieces.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/kencut.htm

The last is a value study, abstraction for Art 1. Using a monochromatic
color scheme and musical instruments.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/kenvalue.htm

Ken can send me copies of slides for all of these if you folks are
interested... please reply if you have any questions on his lessons - or
email Ken and he will cc the reply to me so I can add it to the lesson.
Bicyclken@aol.com Thanks Ken for sharing these! In time, these will all be
added to the site - but for now - this is the easy way to share.

See Ken's site for an idea for the quality of work his lesson plans
generate. Ken has a knack of getting the best out of kids.
http://ww28.brinkster.com/leighart/

Again folks....if ever a file doesn't open for you - the easiest way to get
it is to send a personal email to me (jdecker@woh.rr.com)
And to all of those who have shown interest in Randy's ideas - She will get
to it when she has time....so please be patient. No one else needs to take
the time to reply. I will post to the list when I have them.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/