Re: oil paints

---------

From: Frances Briggs (frances.briggs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 08:03:14 PDT

Hi Becky,
With regard to Gamblin paints - I would say: Stay Away! I tried these
paints in my college days when I was experimenting with different brands and
learning about pigment and filler ratios, etc. I remember being really
disappointed with these paints in terms of the pigments which seemed so weak
and didn't mix well. If you want a student grade paint that isn't very
expensive, I would recommend Utrecht paints. These are the best inexpensive
oils you can get. Some of their colors are even better than higher grade
paints. I'm not sure if they have a store in your area, but you can order
from them online. You might say they are the prang of the oil world.
Frances