What to do with those AOL CD's - Keep on adding (smile)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 06:24:11 PDT

This post to Art Educators was in response to Kris's post....It made me
chuckle so I thought I would share it with you. I already replied off list
to Michael.
He is just lucky I didn't make more posts to Art Education that day - or
maybe the AOL CD's would have been further down the list. Kris' idea was the
Mobile
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/CD.pdf Someone posted a cool
site a while back with sculptures made from CD's - the link is on my Sacred
Circles- Sacred Geometry Page. I think it was Michal Austin (?) who used
old CD's to design a CD and jewel case for a famous artists/art style (check
her site to be certain http://www.geocities.com/theartkids). Michael Garrish
has some good ideas for Art Education - Check out his site when you have the
time: http://whyart.com (Michael - the P.S. below is for you)

8. AOL Disks - what can you do?

Because it was #8 in the daily list, here are 8 suggestions.....

1. The obvious one....Tondo miniatures!
2. Color wheels
3. Sculpture lessons on balance, symmetry, etc: notch CDs with file and
assemble using hot glue, forming shapes/structures to demonstrate
concepts
4. Artsy clocks: Paint/copy a "masterpiece" and add a battery powered
clock mechanism.
5. Class self portrait wall hanging: after painting or sharpie markering
self portraits, assemble in series of rows with wire to form wall
hanging.
6. Aquarium habitat centerpiece: find a smooth stone and glue it inside
the CD's donut hole so it acts as a base. Presto...an animal perch or
fish "cave".
7. Disposable (although they last forever if you clean them!) paint
palettes
8. and, my personal favorite......Art teacher designed bathroom passes!

Have fun,
Michael Gerrish

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
http://www.incredibleart.tk

P.S. for Michael....Please accept my apology. I just now noticed I left your
web page address off the "experts list". If it makes you feel better - when
I added them, I had left my own off too (LOl at me). I have updated my file
and the new Experts will have your site link. I will be sending the file out
again to everyone next June.

---