Call for papers-literature and culture

---------

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 06:08:20 PDT

Because of the recent thread on the artsednet list about teaching
culture, I'm forwarding this call for papers that was posted on the
EDTECH listserv.
BJ

Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 02:56:01 -0400
From: EDTECH Editor-Eiffert <edadmin5@mail.h-net.msu.edu>
Subject: call for papers-literature and culture

From: Rebecca Chism <rlchism@kent.edu>

Colleagues

I am a feature editor of an ongoing topic, the Teaching of Literature and
Culture, for _Academic Exchange Quarterly_ an international journal
dedicated to the presentation of ideas research, methods, and pedagogical
theories leading to effective instruction and
learning regardless of level or subject.

I am looking for articles dealing with theoretical and practical methods
of the teaching of literature and/or culture, how technology can be used
for the teaching of literature/culture, student attitudes towards
literature/culture, the role of literature in various disciplines, how
culture can influence the learning process, the future of
literary/cultural studies, ethical issues concerning the teaching of
literature/culture, and the assessment of literary/cultural learning.

http://rapidintellect.com/AEQweb/win0222.htm

The articles should be 1500-3000 words long. Because of the
interdisciplinary nature of our journal, no single format or manuscript
style is required. The articles may be submitted by MS Word or postal mail.

For submission information, go to the following URL:

http://www.higher-ed.org/AEQ/rufen1.htm

Rebecca L. Chism, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Foreign Language Pedagogy
Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies
109 Satterfield Hall
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44242
rlchism@ kent.edu