Great Technology Handouts from Donna! - on IAD Files

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 05:49:18 PDT

Donna Pauler has sent some excellent handouts. I have found in teaching
graphics programs to kids (and all computer software) the more step-by -step
I did for the kids, the better.
Adding pictures to the handouts helped tremendously! I would copy - print
screen and paste so the kids could see what it should look like... I spent
HOURS on those handouts - Unfortunately I can not share them with you as
they were on my computer at school -- and all deleted (long story). While
you may not be able to edit Donna's files - you can read them - print them
off - and use them as models to write your own. These will all be linked to
the site soon. I need to take a few days off this week as we are having
company - and going out of town.

Here are some pdfs of some handouts Donna used in workshops for art
teachers to get them into computers. She calls these idea lists:
Generic list, One for using Multimedia or slide show ideas, one for
digital camera and one for creating newsletters.

Using Digital Camera in the Art Class
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/DigitalDonna.pdf

Art Exercises Using Computer Software
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/ArtDonna.pdf

Newletters
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/NewsDonna.pdf

MultiMedia
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/MediaDonna.pdf

Donna created these two workshop handouts-one emphasizing Draw and one
emphasizing Paint. These were done to use Claris/Appleworks a the tool.
But the activities in part could be adapted I believe to other
software. Does anyone use Microsoft Works anymore? By the way there is
Claris/Appleworks for Windows. A wonderful program for less than $50.

Getting Started with Draw Graphics:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/DrawDonna.pdf

Getting Started with Paint Graphics:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/PaintDonna.pdf

(Thanks for these files Donna!!! I think now Works is being included in
software packages with new computers - as we found out, it is a different pr
ogram than ours)

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department