Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Great Technology Handouts from Donna! - on IAD Files

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 05:49:18 PDT

Donna Pauler has sent some excellent handouts. I have found in teaching
graphics programs to kids (and all computer software) the more step-by -step
I did for the kids, the better.
Adding pictures to the handouts helped tremendously! I would copy - print
screen and paste so the kids could see what it should look like... I spent
HOURS on those handouts - Unfortunately I can not share them with you as
they were on my computer at school -- and all deleted (long story). While
you may not be able to edit Donna's files - you can read them - print them
off - and use them as models to write your own. These will all be linked to
the site soon. I need to take a few days off this week as we are having
company - and going out of town.

Here are some pdfs of some handouts Donna used in workshops for art
teachers to get them into computers. She calls these idea lists:
Generic list, One for using Multimedia or slide show ideas, one for
digital camera and one for creating newsletters.

Using Digital Camera in the Art Class

Art Exercises Using Computer Software

Donna created these two workshop handouts-one emphasizing Draw and one
emphasizing Paint. These were done to use Claris/Appleworks a the tool.
But the activities in part could be adapted I believe to other
software. Does anyone use Microsoft Works anymore? By the way there is
Claris/Appleworks for Windows. A wonderful program for less than $50.

Getting Started with Draw Graphics:

Getting Started with Paint Graphics:

(Thanks for these files Donna!!! I think now Works is being included in
software packages with new computers - as we found out, it is a different pr
ogram than ours)

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department