Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Files for sharing -TEACHING TOOLS - graphic organizers

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 17:48:39 PDT

Sara -
My TEKS (Texas Essential Knowlege and Skills) state
that students at my level should begin to understand
that the elements and Principles of Design are
inter-related (even though most of them have not had
art before...)

So I have used a matrix to show this concept.
elements accross the top, Priciples down the side.
I only have it as a hardcopy at home. In informal
critique of an artwork, I used it to check off where
the Elements and Principles intersect. I am trying to
think of a way to get the sections big enough for a
little description of how - right now we just make a
check. We have the dialogue in discussion (The lines
are arranged to create movement, the circle shapes
create unity in the painting, and so on)

--- Sara <> wrote:
> This is a good source for graphic organizers as
> concept mapping.
> Sara

Do you Yahoo!?