What is Art? - Nice Presentation

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 11:05:37 PDT

Christine's post reminded me to post this for you folks - I found it during
Getty down time:

I came across this site from Sweet Briar College (the one that brings you
Chris Witcombe's Art History links).
What is Art? What is an Artists?
http://www.arthistory.sbc.edu/artartists/artartists.html
An exhibition exploring the perception of ART and the identity of the ARTIST
through HISTORY
and in CONTEMPORARY SOCIETY

Here was Christine's link if you missed it:
http://www.ouc.bc.ca/fina/whatsart.html

I found lots of cool stuff when "you" went away. I won't repost all of it -
but will post when someone hits upon one of the topics I found. All of the
links I find do not go on my site - I'd never get anything done if they
did....but I DO try to get all of the ones YOU post on my site. I have added
all posted links to my site over the summer. Dawn is right - I don't always
post/link everything that is sent to me.....but I DO always look at it. I
like knowing what interests you.

THANK YOU to everyone who has sent something of value to the list. Now I
have work to do that I know WILL BE appreciated. Now - I hope everyone will
understand if I don't get back to you right away when you ask me a
question..... I will be working and I can not talk and work at the same
time. I am not a good listener when I am working. I will work when you are
all busy.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department