oil paints

---------

From: Rebecca Stone-Danahy (RebeccaStoneDanahy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 04:42:46 PDT

Dear Friends,
For those of you that paint in oils...what brand do your prefer? I have been researching Gamblin paints but have yet to talk to an artist that loves using them. An art store manager told me a while back that Gamblin will be the future of paints created because they are more environmentally sound.

I want to teach oils in the classroom next year at the high school level and was thinking that Gamblin student grade would be the way to go. I do have the artista brand water-soluble oils in the classroom but so far I don't "love" them.

I myself am getting back into oils as I just can't get excited about using acrylics anymore. Any suggestions on setting up the home studio (off of my kitchen) with oil paints and solvents would be greatly appreciated! It's been 11 years since I have used the oil paints and I am feeling unsure about set-up and clean-up.

Have a good 4th everyone!

Becky in NC

---