RE: blooms taxonomy

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 04:18:25 PDT

Dawn,
Having the Blooms as a bulletin board is not silly - my twins will be jrs in HS this coming year, and some of their past teachers have had Blooms (and some question examples) where the students could see. The earliest I can remember was their 6th grade teacher. She was one of the best they've had so far. Now, they know where they are on the Blooms levels when asking and answering subject area questions, and they know what questions and answers to shoot for. Altho I don't have Blooms posted (yet), it gives the students modelling towards various ways and levels to think about art or whatever subject matter they are learning. Since thematic learning is a current trend, it's kinda cool for the kids to see that we think about art, math, science, literature, social studies, etc. in similar ways.
Jan