Marisol Escobar Lesson

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 23:08:51 PDT

I'm posting this to the list insted of directly to
Judy for 2 reasons -

I know that as a former ArtEdNetLurker for my early
years of teaching, I appreciated getting as much info
as possible from this list - I have binders full of
lessons that got me going
Plus, I send things Judy's way with the understanding
that I don't necessarily expect her to use them and I
won't be offended if she doesn't, for whatever
reason...

That being said -

I created this lesson around Escobar's work that I
have access to. Also, the resulting projects do not
look like Escobar's work because I expanded the work
to be about social issues, not necessarily portraits.
The final day with poetry had to do with my specific
needs at the time.

When I glanced at the requests I noticed that there
was a need for ecological projects - I got a lot of
these (my example was a sea turtle-anyone remeber that
Phillips commercial about the lights of the city
interferring with Turtles instinct to follow the light
of the moon?)

There was also one for inexpensive projects - I had a
supply of jewelry boxes donated and got some small,
round paper mache boxes at a thrift store. These
could have easily been brought from home. The rest of
the materials were discarded toys and general craft
junk - also stuff that could be requested at the
beginning of the year or brought as needed.

I am not sure about how to send the images and what to
do about parent permission to publish...

In the meantime, here's the project write up - Dawn.