Re: Files for sharing -TEACHING TOOLS- Middle school/high school

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 22:54:14 PDT

Dawn
Great ideas for word walls and webs. I would like to see them ( an example)
in a handout. I am adding these ideas to my teaching tools folder.
How have you created these on the wall as by painting it on the wall or used
posters? What worked the best for you?

When people share their printed lesson plan is that all they do to present
the lesson? Not for the good teachers.
Teachers do not nor do they always have the time to write down all they do
or say in the class to create a successful
lesson in a lesson plan.

When one sees a lesson plan that says the student will understand the Celtic
culture by discussion, seeing a video etc. Well how did the teacher create
that understanding for the student to think ,to critic, to apply......, what
different things did the teacher do to check for knowledge and .....
What other teaching tools did he/she use?

One could say the teacher had a handout, word wall,concept map, venn diagram
,word search etc.What makes these interesting and/or a valid tool for
learning instead of busy work?

Please share your teaching tools (handouts, word wall,concept mapping, venn
diagrams ,word searches, objectives for discussion and .......that put icing
on your lesson plan that meets the needs of different learning styles and
that creates a multi-senory presentation.

Hope I was clear.

Thanks

Sara

---