Fused Glass Lesson Plan -- and prayers needed for a member

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 07:29:34 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I just got this FABULOUS lesson from Anna:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/glass.htm

I lost a lot of the formatting when I saved as html so I have some work to
do to "polish" it up....I will do that after she sends the images....BUT
wanted to get it out to you ASAP.
I've been talking to Anna throughout the summer. She is in the
hospital...This time she told me the reason. I am asking all members who
believe in prayer to say a little prayer for Anna.She has done SO much for
me - it is the least I can do for her right now. Anna is undergoing
treatment for Leukemia. I don't think Ann would mind if I give you her email
address KHeifetz@aol.com (Anna - if you wanted to keep this more private -
please accept my apology now - but we are ALL here for you)

Here is the gist of her email to me:

I wrote earlier this past week....I have a lesson on glass landscapes which
is attached to this email.
I use this with my 8th grade classes. It has been very successful. This
year my students won a gold key, 2 silver keys and 3 honorable mentions with
this project in Scholastics. I have another variation on this with lines
using glass, too. If you wish I can send that one, also. There are
photographs which I can send when I get out of the hospital. ....I am still
undergoing treatment for leukemia and I will be here a tad longer...but I
will send the photos if you want them for the glass lesson.
And I have a lesson on printmaking using fabric and creating a moiré using
this process it is simple but the students in 7th grade beg to do it....and
again. I have had students several years ago win a national gold key with
this project in scholastics and many silver keys and ad infinitum.
Just let me know if you want these additional lessons and I will gladly
share them.

Folks I want each and every lesson that is GLADLY shared. This is supposed
to be a fun thing.....and it must be done when you are not stressed needing
to do something else. If you have "promised" a lesson plan - you will get it
done when you have time. You will know when the time is right. Right now I
have plenty to keep me busy -- so just send the plans when the time is
right. There are no HAVE TOs with this. There are no SHOULDs with this. I
hope that eases a lot of concerns. I think folks were beginning to think I
was a "pest" (smile)....That is the last thing I want you to think of me. I
have even altered my own "shoulds" -- now my "should" is to get the ideas
out to you the easiest way possible -- and then work on the hard stuff when
you are all busy (I need to work on the hard stuff when hubby isn't home for
the summer - smile).

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department