Re: Files for sharing - Middle school/high school

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 06:42:04 PDT

I have a word wall at the elementary - in my high school room I have posters
with vocab words as well. Once we cover a word at the elementary I put the
word and definition on the wall and I expect them to remember the word and
what it means. All levels are then required to use those words in their
writing. Venn diagrams - I use them alot, as well as several other graphic
organizers. I love to put two seemingly different artworks on the wall and
having the students use a venn diagram on it. I make copies of the different
organizers and put them in the student's sketchbooks. I'm not familiar with
concept mapping.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids