Lessons Needed for Incredible Art Department (long)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 15:07:02 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Did I post this yet? I have been yacking so much, I can't remember what all
I have said (smile)

If "we" are to attract new visitors to "our" site (it is your site)....We
are going to have to start adding new and fresh lesson plans. Thank you to
all who have contributed already! I am having so much fun sharing them with
everyone. All will get linked to the site in time. There is NO SET FORMAT
for a lesson plan - other than it should include objectives, materials,
resources, motivation/instruction (whatever you call what the teacher does),
and procedures (pictures are requested too). Even I didn't use the same
format on my own plans - If I had it written one way - I just changed it as
to html. I can even take lessons you copy and paste into an email .. Now -
those are the easiest to share (smile). The new folks signing up to the
Experts have some really great lesson ideas - I'll be talking with them in
the future.

Here is a list of what folks have been looking for (result of survey). Do
you have ideas or lessons ON FILE already? Just post your ideas to the list
for now....Lesson plans send to me (Jdecker@woh.rr.com). I take lessons in
any file format - but Word and html are best for - after that copied into an
email - Mac files we are having some problems right now. Does any one have a
way to translate Works into something a PC will open? My list Tech Guru,
Donna Pauler, has tried and tried - bless her heart.

High School
more high school - advanced placement lesson plans
AP Lessons ( especially concentration)
interested in how to jump start high school imaginations
more aesthetics lesson plans, painting
Computer Graphics, Sculpture, Drawing
Lessons for: Tempera, acrylic, colored pencils, reg. pencils, watercolor,
ink, printmaking supplies, pastels, crayons and craypas
a.) More art and technology b.) basic (one class period)lessons on the
elements & principles
anything metal
Corel Draw ideas as well as digital/technology
crafts such as weaving; basketry; mosaic; or any others.
paper (sculpture/pop-up) plans as I mainly
have to adapt elem lessons for this media

Middle School
Quilts, fiber arts, tissue paper stained glass, architecture lessons, folk
art, focus on American Artists, Audubon lesson, Day of the dead (mixed
media)
sculpture, printmaking, painting and drawing
1.Graphics oriented lessons,
2.Graphic design lessons (typography or lettering oriented),
3. Lessons which can be used by disinterested/disruptive students
without denying the more interested student the opportunity to learn the
concepts/skills of art,
4. Issues-oriented lessons which are appropriate for middle school,
5. Low-budget lessons for large classes (35-40 students,
$1.00/student/year).
6.Low-budget lessons for middle school that integrate science, e.g.
astronomy,
7.Projects which integrate the design process with art production
oriented lessons.
8. Ecological, environmental lessons which don't require a great deal
of resources.
 I would like to see what teachers, who use design-process (e.g. graphic
design, product design), projects are doing at the middle school level.
Mix medium and painting techniques
a.) More art and technology b.) basic (one class period) lessons on the
elements & principles
PRINCIPLES AND ELEMENTS LESSONS, PERSPECTIVE (1,2 POINT),
ART HISTORY, ANY MEDIA
MONET, PICASSO, O'KEEFFE
sculpture, graphic design and painting
Technology (everything from copy machine to digital camera to computers)

Elementary
elementary math and science
yearly plan for elementary
mix medium and painting techniques
cut paper, pastels, activities that can be completed in a 30 min. class
period
Crayon, colored pencil, collage elementary level
Russia projects
Technology (everything from copy machine to digital camera to computers)
lessons with lower grades integrating their social studies, language arts
and science curriculums.
holiday art
Impressionism
Sub plans