Re: links in email -Files for sharing on IAD -explanation

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 12:13:50 PDT

Then those Mac users need to let me know they are interested and I can work
something out. -- OR a Mac user can save the files and find someone who will
translate it for them. I used to do that all the time when I got a Mac
file - I just found someone to translate it rather than asking the person
who gave it to me to change the form.
Mac users can't get forwarded files either - so what's the
difference?....The difference for me is it is EASIER to put the document out
there than to wait around all day for folks to request a file for
transfer......and invariable, someone has saved the email to respond to
later --- so weeks later I am getting requests for files to transfer ---
THEN the offer for files appears in Getty archives and years later I am
still getting requests for files. These folks who find the old posts will
just find broken links. If they email me, I can say those files are no
longer available - or direct them to where they are on the site - I am done
hunting my folders to find files to transfer - but I never want to say "no"
to an art teacher - that is harder for me to do. Putting web pages on the
site is a lot of work for me....and it has been causing me a lot of
problems. This summer I am doing everything I can to share what is given to
me right away -- then when everyone else is busy - I will work on the site.
I was getting so much personal mail that I didn't have time for anything but
answer mail -- and mail is something I LOVE from you folks. I will get a
little bit done ech day on the site....but my main priority is to answer my
mail....I have "met" so many new-to-me teachers this summer.

Hope this explains things a bit. Enjoy the day. It is beautiful here....We
are having such a mild summer - nice comfortable relative cool temperatures.
Its been great for yard work.
Judy