Files for sharing - Middle school/high school

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 18:30:31 PDT

I am trying to post this again to ArtsEducators and Art Education....for
some reason it did not show up in my mailbox....If some of you folks got it,
pardon the duplication.

Dear Art Teachers,

I am starting to post some of the ideas/lesson that have been coming in this
summer.

An idea from LeAnn Escoffre - Camouflage Design - Start with a triangle
from a magazine cut out - glue to make a focal point. Expand the design
outward. LeAnn used Kandinsky for inspiration:
Abstract Camouflage Design:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/LeAnn.doc
Kandinsky links:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/kandinsky.htm
This was an idea sparked by a lesson on Michal Austin's Web page:
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/middleschool/camouflage.html

Patty Knott is going through her magazines and saving images and "blurbs"
that are the spark of an idea. As she sends these, they will be posted to
the
lists in the Word file first - since many of you want to save files and
edit. If these are popular, I will change to html.
"Future Species: An Exhibition in Association with the Museum of
Contemporary Canadian Art"
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Future.doc

This is the way I will offer files for sharing - it is easier for me than
forwarding right now. This way - anyone who wants it can save - and edit.

Glad to "hear" you again.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department