Re: art research project ideas

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 17:34:33 PDT

I have seen many research project but wanted to share one, too. I had
my students work in pairs. They had to choose six famous artists and
give a dinner party for them. They researched their favorites. Since
it was imaginary, any artists could be there. They chose the type of
party (cook-out, formal, etc) and the menu. They had to figure out the
seating, the decorations, etc. Even entertainment! They designed
posters, invitations, or whatever they thought necessary for their
project. I designed and gave out a handout with a type of rubric. I
haven't used this project lately but may pull it out again. You can
give students lists of possible artists or use movements, whatever you
like. The presentations were funny and interesting. You could video
them and update this using power point. Anyway, it was funny thinking
of Michelangelo and Picasso eating hotdogs together!

Debby :-D

---