RE: a fear/Running Start Program

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 16:18:05 PDT

Re: a fear/Running Start ProgramThis is similar to the program in Nevada at
the Community College...there are also Community College campus' that are
linked to a few high schools...and there are Magnet schoolshere that focus
on arts and by the time kids go through these magnet schools they are also
prepared to be advanced each year ahead of the average school...so, an
example is that my niece is attending the fine and performing arts magnet
school this coming year after having gone through an elementary magnet
school...by doing this, she will be part way through her high school
requirements by the time she gets to high school and will be prepared to
take college classes in high school...its more motivating for her to have
this advance...I just think it depends on what kids are asked early as far
as ecpectations go...I think 16 year olds can be prepared for college if
they are asked early to start preparing and studying hard and to be
interested in the arts from the very beginning of their schooling...