Re: my paintings...link working now

---------

From: Frances Briggs (frances.briggs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 09:20:24 PDT

those paintings by Kobayashi are quite nice. I noticed that the facial
shapes of the different characters are very similar. I heard once that
painter always paints a portrait that is combination of him or herself and
the model at hand. I also noticed that he uses black in the skin and large
dabs of it around... sometimes this is a wonderful tool for drama, if you
like manet for example (I love manet), still, in art school they usually
tell us to be careful about black. I really like these paintings though.
Thanks for the plein air info too. My father will be interested in this too
because he likes to paint in Central Park. He often shows with the
Salmagundi Club. I will definitely check out those plein air activities.
Good luck in your art selling mission. One of these days I'll get that on
track but right now I'm busy with other stuff.
By the way I'm also a musician - I play classical piano.

cheers.Frances

---