Re: my paintings...link working now

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 07:39:14 PDT

>My site isn't currently up. Probably it would be dark for some of the
>conservatives.

your figurative work you show...is promising. Looking forward Frances, to
when you have the site up and running. Reminds me a bit of Milt Kobayashi's
work, one of our staff moderators of Wetcanvas.com...of which I too am a
staff moderator. Very masterful at his style of the figurative-
http://www.gshoalcreek.com/artists/kobayashi.htm

>I have wanted to investigate the outdoors for a long time. It's hard to do
> in NYC, but not impossible. One of these days I'll go outside and see
> what's going on. Frances

yes...but, the plein air movement is growing there. My own association is
having a first annual plein air paint out in NY, and promises to be huge.
Here is a link to that occasion with many great painters showing up-
http://nhstudios.com/PAINTOUTNY.html

There is also a NYC area plein air association that has been existence since
this past year, and also is growing, called the NYPAPS.... (New York Plein
Air Painters Society), and happy to say one of our NAPPAP members helped get
this group going and growing. They have a relatively new website to check
out as well-
http://nyspleinairpainters.homestead.com/pleinair.html

click onto "Home" to advance to full site....

that should be found of interest to you I would think....

thanks for you fine comments looking at my own work. I spent last week
framing about 20 pieces, and drove to Minocqua, Wisconsin to deliver them to
a gallery. Summer is a busy time for me...and my goal is to eventually
duplicate my teacher's salary with my paintings in case our state ever feels
electives are no longer budgetary wise. I used to think my art supplemented
my teaching. I feel with things as they are today...I best consider
teaching to supplement my art making! Eeegads!!!! Peace,

Larry Seiler
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

Member of NAPPAP-
http://nappap.org
"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---