Thanks for the table artist help & $200.00!!!

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 17:36:17 PDT

As usual this group comes through with some great ideas. I was
thinking along the lines of having artists from different countries,
using a big world map for one of my opening bulletin boards, putting
pins in the countries with yarn out to the side with artists' names and
maybe a small print of their work. Now the idea of using artists who
traveled to create their artwork or be inspired has been thrown out by
the group. So I'm thinking of a combination of both. Both Audubon and
Catlin traveled extensively in the US and Catlin went to Europe to show
his work. I love connecting with the the Lewis and Clark anniversary. I
also will use Cassatt. I'm using Gaugin because of where he traveled to
paint (now to find some prints of clothed islanders!) I still am looking
for an artist from Africa or one who traveled there to work. Any ideas?
Maybe I would have to use a culture known for certain mask making or
weaving.
    BTW the great state of SC issued our $200.00 checks for all
classroom teachers this week to be used to buy supplies or whatever that
we would otherwise end up using our own money on. Along with the $50.00
our PTO gave each of us and the tax free weekend coming up in this
state, I think I'll be going to TARGET!!!
               Jeryl

---