RE: Native American Unit

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 15:19:46 PDT

Julia,

            The time table I was referring to was on our curriculum.
They have taken each subject, divided it into 6 6weeks then within each
six weeks they tell you to spend x numbers of days on this, then Y
number of days on that. Many of our students' families stay one step
ahead of the landlord and rent transferring between schools as they
change apartments. They want us all on the same page so the kids don't
miss sections of the curriculum. Of course it will never work. I'm not
going to jump ahead if most of the kids don't understand, and I'm not
going to stay on a topic they master just because the calendar says so.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Herbert