Re: Book making techniques

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 14:35:38 PDT

Hi, Carolyn, and lots of other people who expressed interest,

Some of these sites may have already been posted (Judy Decker probably
has the same links on her Web site), but here they are anyway: (I
checked them all and they're still valid)

http://www.sff.net/people/Brook.West/bind/bindit.html (someone just
posted this site for you; I learned the stab technique from it)
http://www.makingbooks.com/projects.html (easy to follow directions for
simple books)
http://idp.bl.uk/IDP/bookbinding/chooser-frameset.html (lots of
interesting history of traditional Chinese techniques; not a how-to
site, but you can probably figure out the diagrams)
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~montanar/mbs.html (books with movable parts
like pop-ups)
http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/project/0,1158,CRHO_project_20277,00.html
(itsy-bitsy book to wear as necklace)