Re: How to folder/portfolio

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 13:52:08 PDT

When I taught middle school, I used the Kraft paper that we used for bulletin boards...it didn't come out of my budget. I folded in half after reinforcing top edges with 2" masking tape, folded over the side edges and stapled...students did their name in approx. 3" block letters and used pattern and markers.

Then they did a large design or picture below this (or some lesson). This was an excellent way to keep their work together for the semester. Some parents tell me now that they still have their child's portfolio with their work for each grade.

I teach hs now, but I'm going to have my students do a portfolio this year and see if they can keep up with their work any better...only problem is going to be "how to store them" in the room. I'd like to have 3 large stacking trays...any ideas?

Carolyn
    Now my question is to how to construct this folder/portfolio in an inexpensive way and how others use portfolio in their classes? I tried the archives but couldn't locate much information.

---