Re: Water solubale oils

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 03:48:32 PDT

In a message dated 07/31/2002 6:13:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
colmans1@cape.com writes:

> I have chosen to
> use water solubale oils ( WN Artisan brand) because I will be using them
> with my students in the Fall for the first time. I have nothing to compare
> them to-- haven't painted in oils or acrylics since college ( 30 years
> ago).
> Does anyone else use them? If so, what do you think?

Hi, Marian,
Please let me know how you like that paint. I once tried the Grumbacker
(sp?) brand of water soluable oils and HATED them- so much so that I returned
them after I had tried them to our big art store on LI and they actually took
them back. I found that they did not have the blendibility or the texture of
traditional oils. Perhaps the WN Artisian brand is a different story. I
tend to buy my oils by the colors and consistency rather than one particular
brand. Certain companies make certain colors that I just can't live without,
so my paint box has a variety of brands.

Marian, still haven't gotten to Cape Cod in years to look you up, but maybe
that's one place I should consider for a paintable moment. I remember my
wonderful summers as a little girl at camp in Marston (Mahston) Mills! How's
your water colors coming and your gallery?
Susan on Long Island

---