Water solubale oils

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 02:56:58 PDT

Like Susan, I have been painting this summer --plein air at UMass-Dartmouth
as part of a grad. level course in the Art Ed. Institute. I have chosen to
use water solubale oils ( WN Artisan brand) because I will be using them
with my students in the Fall for the first time. I have nothing to compare
them to-- haven't painted in oils or acrylics since college ( 30 years ago).
Does anyone else use them? If so, what do you think? The literature says
that the only difference between them and traditional oils is in the clean
up. They seem okay to me. The big advantage in the classroom is the
non-toxic factor. Thanks to Larry Seiler for all his demos on wet canvas.
They have been very helpful to me during this class.
Marian

---