Re: Book making techniques

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 13:38:14 PDT

Hi, Maggie...yes, I'd like to see those sites you've bookmarked...if not too
much trouble. Thanks.

Wow...do my feet hurt!!!! Today was my first day back to school and
standing/walking on cement at school is a lot different than walking around
on carpet at home.

I had cleaned and re-organized my classroom before I left for summer...and
when I got back, the custodians had all the tables and cabinets from both of
my classrooms crammed into a corner of one room...plus, everything was
stacked on top of each other. And then to top it off...they only cleaned
the floors in the empty room.
Carolyn
> Hi, Carolyn,
>
> I have several really good sites bookmarked if you still need them.
> I've had my students make their own sketchbooks the last several
> semesters; the actual making of them is a lesson in itself with a bit of
> history and info about traditional bookbinding techniques. We did do
> the Japanese stab binding, which looks really nice, but it was very
> difficult to add more pages; it required unbinding and resewing the
> pages, which meant my having to stop and get out the supplies again for
> each individual student. They now use the long-legged brass brads,
> which I like because they can add notebook paper and more sketch paper
> more easily. I'd be glad to send you the handout if you like.
>
> Mag

---