Re: technical question-oil painting

---------

From: D. Sterner (dsterner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 13:32:54 PDT

depending on the colors you use - it takes weeks for a painting to dry.....some colors dry faster than others.

It also depends on your medium solution - I use equal parts of linseed oil, demar varnish and mineral spirits - but there are other mediums available that promote drying. Ask at your art supply store for a product that will speed the drying time.