Re: suggestions for table artists for coming year??

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 06:31:22 PDT

> Our school theme this year
> is about travel and the theme is
> something like "Passports to Learning".

        This being the anniversary of the start of Lewis and Clarks
"Voyage of Discovery", let me suggest you find artists who
helped open up the American west. Lewis and Clark did not
take an artist with them but several followed soon thereafter.
George Catlin
Karl Bodmer
Albert Bierstadt
Thomas Moran
Fredric Remington
Charles Russell
        I picked up a Charles Russell reproduction depicting Lewis and Clark,
this summer to use next year. For the next few years this will be
a theme in many classrooms especially along the Missouri river.
Yesterday we saw the 42 minute I-Max movie reenacting the
journey westward. I highly recommend it.
        I have several links on this page to help anyone get started
on Lewis and Clark research.
        http://www.taospaint.com/Goodacre.html
                                                Woody in KC

--