Re: suggestions for table artists for coming year??

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 06:00:20 PDT

In a message dated 07/29/2002 10:03:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
holl5@innova.net writes:

> Our school theme this year
> is about travel and the theme is something like "Passports to Learning".
> I use artists to name each table (so I can say stuff like,"Van Gogh's
> table can line up now") The artist's name is hung above the table with a
> print of their work, and also the artist's name is on a laminated sign
> on the basket of supplies that stays at each table. I want to use
> artists from as many countries as I can to go along with the travel
> theme. I'm thinking Hokusai, Marc Chagall, Diego Rivera, maybe Gaugin
> because of the locations he painted. I need 9 artists.

Hi, Jeryl,
What an appropriate theme for you this year, as you will be going to Japan in
November on the Fulbright! May I suggest Georgia O'keeffe as an American
women artist and Gainsborough for England (he was English, wasn't he, correct
me if I'm wrong?) You could address this table as "The Blue Boys"...LOL....
BTW, we don't have motion detectors ijn our classrooms, just the halls.

---