Re: the pledge issue....a rant

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 20:03:25 PDT

>Larry -

> First of all, what you quoted is what I posted, not Madafo.
> And you're right - I am declaring an 'ought'. Specifically, I
> think that people ought to (pardon the pun) practice what
> they preach.

>Lawrence A. Parker
>Philosopher and Educational Consultant

yeah...Madafo personally informed me of that, but I did not know whom I
quoted. Thanks for setting the record straight. You didn't have to...(no
"ought")...but, I'm glad you did, and my public apologies to Madafo for that
error.

...now, to your declaration.....that they "ought" to practice what they
preach as being judged good or bad that they do is an ethical statement. I
too believe that. Relativistically speaking, they are none the worse if
they do or not. Should there be a higher law on the other hand...

just funnin' take care!!!
peace,

Larry

---