suggestions for table artists for coming year??

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 18:57:53 PDT

Hi,
  I spent a few hours in my room (k-5 school) starting to get ready. We
start Aug.1 and the students come on Aug.7. Our school theme this year
is about travel and the theme is something like "Passports to Learning".
I use artists to name each table (so I can say stuff like,"Van Gogh's
table can line up now") The artist's name is hung above the table with a
print of their work, and also the artist's name is on a laminated sign
on the basket of supplies that stays at each table. I want to use
artists from as many countries as I can to go along with the travel
theme. I'm thinking Hokusai, Marc Chagall, Diego Rivera, maybe Gaugin
because of the locations he painted. I need 9 artists. I would like to
try to cover all the continents well maybe not Antarctica but you get
the idea. I need to be able to find info and prints to be able to share
on the artist. Any great ideas? Thanks in advance,
                                   Jeryl in SC

---