Re: printing ink question......

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 08:50:14 PDT

In a message dated 7/28/02 1:20:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us writes:

> I've always used Speedball printing ink but see a brand in the catalogs I've
> never used called "Demco". Is anyone familiar with it? It's a whole lot
> cheaper...$4.18 as opposed to Speedball at $6.95 a tube.

I have always used speedball as I know of it's consistency and the way it
prints. There has to be a reason that the other is cheaper and it usually
means fillers or color pigments. If go too cheap you can reduce the
effectiveness of printmaking and then it seems as though the process is the
problem when it could be the materials. I will be happy to hear about the
other ink and if it works. Until then I will use speedball and maybe get
some of the other to experiment with. I use this ink on wood as well as
lino-blocks.

Ken Schwab
San Jose CA

---