Re: New Member, New Teacher, and Art on a Cart

---------

KSchiavo00_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 20:49:21 PDT

In a message dated 07/28/2002 2:39:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
heneborn@erols.com writes:

> Maybe some others on
> the list might point to stressers that they experience for you to
> consider.

Just to clarify... If I had the choice -I will always pick the school with an
art ROOM. Not that I had a bad experience with art on a cart-because mine
was wonderful. But I have had a room for 4 years now and it allows me to
have control of my teaching environment. It also indirectly conveys a kind of
validity to the arts when a school commits a space for the visual arts. I
would think you would want control of your environment and you would not want
other teachers guiding your projects around their convenience. So you have a
decision to make. Sharon was right- look at your needs and preferences then
weigh out the pros and cons. Good luck!
Kathy in Kalamazoo

---