New Beginnings

---------

From: V Moreira Komando (komandov_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 19:29:50 PDT

Hello all,

I know you have not heard much from me this summer, but I have moved from Florida to Tennessee and a new position at a brand new school. I am excited about this incredible opportunity. Today we had open house and they estimated that over 2,000 people came. I never saw so many people visit the art room (and I have been teaching for 22 years) and tell me that they themselves were artists, many stated their support for the arts, many others were parents of the incoming students, as well as parents of younger students that were looking at our school for their children in the next year or two. Many told me of the art events in the area that might interest me and welcomed me to Tennessee.There were so many wonderful moments today, I feel incredibly fortunate to be at this school. The faculty I have met are terrific people and the principal and administration are wonderful. The arts are an integral part of the curriculum and supported philosophically and financially. I feel like I !
have died and gone to art teacher heaven.

I hope to participate more actively as I complete my dissertation this coming semester and adjust to my new schedule. I will be teaching 2D Foundational and 3D Foundational for this first year at the 9th and 10th grade level. These are the two grades the school is beginning with. They will add 11th grade next year and 12th grade the following year. More advanced art classes will be part of the curriculum with AP Studio Art, Sculpture, Drawing and Painting, Portfolio, Photography, and Digital work. I believe an addtional art teacher will be added. (In case any of you are interested for next year:)

I just need to move a few more things from Florida to here and settle in. I have missed reading the posts and being a visible part of the ArtsEdNet.

Looking forward to this new beginning and new school year!

Wishing you all a wonderful year of teaching art and inspiring imaginations as only you each can do!

~^~

Vivian

Increase the Peace ~^~

http://members.cox.net/artzheart