Re: Supplies

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 16:36:48 PDT

Hey,

I had someone mention this to me at a conference I just
attended. I use to think that we had to offer free education
therefore we could not charge a fee for art classes. They
mentioned that each year a supply list is given out to
elementary students to purchase. Sometimes it can add up to
about 20 dollars worth. If they can require that for
elementary, then we can do it for middle school and high school.
 I approached the principal, his reply was, "Hey, I can't argue
with that." I now have fees for art, 10 for Art I, 15 for Art
II, 20 for Art III, and 25 for Art IV.

Jackie Aust
Director of Visual Art (K-12)
Bryan Texas