Re: printing ink question......

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 14:04:25 PDT

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> I want to do some block printing this year...it's been awhile...and I'm
> ordering some supplies now.
> I've always used Speedball printing ink but see a brand in the catalogs I've
> never used called "Demco". Is anyone familiar with it? It's a whole lot
> cheaper...$4.18 as opposed to Speedball at $6.95 a tube. Is there is a whole
> lot of difference in the two and do you "get" what you "pay" for in this
> case?

That brand doesn't mean anything to me. Of late I've used a lot of
Dick Blick inks and they worked fine. What surprises me is that you
and many teachers on this list don't teach in districts with central
warehouse bulk ordering to save money. My budget would never stretch
if I had to order basic supplies from vendors direct. They only give
you 10-20 % off list.
                                                Woody in KC

--
This one soars: