Re: Book making techniques

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 11:41:37 PDT

Thanks to all of you who sent suggestions. Making their own sketchbook is going to be the first lesson and then they'll use it to create an Elements and Principles book to keep the entire time they take art...from Art 1 through Art 4 or whatever. It's a hassle to get them to bring in a sketchbook, so making their own will speed this up.
Carolyn
  Carolyn,
  We use about 8 cloth pins, two for each side, to hold the book together and drill the holes on the end using an electric drill. If your children are too young to drill it themselves they could hold it down while you drill the holes for them. I would make sure both of you have safety glasses on and be sure to put a board underneath the book so as not to mar any table. I work with high school students so there may be other safety consideration that I am not aware of.

  Blessings,
  Joe