Re: Book making techniques

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 06:22:17 PDT

Carolyn, another idea--but you have to be willing to recycle an old
book--is to have students bring in a book they don't care to redo. The
pages can be painted over, collaged over, cut and pasted, folded down, etc.
The cover can be reworked creatively also, carving into, gesso over and
create a new image. When completed, the book becomes more of a sculpture
and displays better standing up rather than as a traditional book.

Judie

>Hi, Carolyn--
>
>Assemble your sketchbooks with the covers and inside pages. Clamp them
>together so they are secure. Then, drill the holes wherever you want them.
>You can then sew the books before removing the clamps. This will allow you
>to make a rather thick sketchbook, too.
>
>Or, if the books are not going to have too many pages, would a three hole
>punch work better?
>
>Irene

---